broadcast Wi-Fi Development Board
broadcast is a ESP-12F based wireless system development board that I designed. It is designed for home automation use, and several sensor and power management shields are on my next agenda.
broadcast firmware, libraries, and Qt/QML interfaces are shared in Broadcast_Home_Automation repository. Currently, components such as relay, watchdog, motor, temperature sensor are supported. You can easily create your Qt/QML application that talks with Broadcast board using included Qt API in the repository.broadcast board has following features in its hardware and design:
- Designed from scratch using KiCad, considering the shield-safe layout and cost-effective materials for power and USB solution.
- USB-to-Serial solution (CH340G) is a cost-effective product, which does not require additional drivers for Linux and Windows systems.
- No bootloader required for initial flash, USB interface can be used even for initial flashing.
- Possible applications involve Internet of Things and Cloud.
- Features Espressif's one of the latest wireless modules, ESP-12F, which features revised antenna for better reception.
- ESP-12F features following:
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- Supports antenna diversity
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP operation modes
- Support Smart Link Function for both Android and iOS devices
- SDIO 2.0, (H) SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, IRDA, PWM, GPIO
- STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
Broadcast Relay and Sensor Shield
Broadcast Relay and Sensor Shield is a recently developed shield that provides 3x 3.3V activated relay and a temperature and humidity sensor to the broadcast board. It is targeted for home automation use. Its libraries are available in Broadcast_Home_Automation repository